Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Excuses, I mean, good reasons.....

Hi Cynthia,

Your retreat to the B&B sounds wonderful, and a bargain, besides! Also, what a great name for your new knitting guild! Awesome that part of your focus is on charity knitting. I've been thinking about being more intentional about that myself... What fun to find a new book in your mailbox (and thank you so much in advance for sending me a surprise! - now I'll be really watching for that mail truck!!).
Today I'm having a laundry marathon. Also, of course, I have some knitting works in progress. These are the "Wisconsin Warmer Mittens" from Blackberry Ridge, made out of Lambs Pride worsted. I added some knit braid trim around the cuffs because I saw the technique in a pattern book for socks, and I wanted to try it out. The discerning will notice that the left one is missing a thumb.

I'd like to say that this is the reason for the so-far-not-knit-thumb:




It is the pile of clothes I have waiting to be repaired, about a five or ten minute job per item, such as replacing a button, patching a knee, etc.





However, here is the real reason: It is the Fana cardigan from Dale of Norway book 125, in Heilo yarn. I finished one sleeve (also known as the "gauge swatch"), and have started on the body. I'm already having the "holy cow, I'm really going through the yarn - I hope I have enough" thoughts... After knitting a couple more inches on the body, I'll know whether or not I have enough for the whole thing. Anyway, if my dear son ever has muscles like Popeye, the sleeve will fit him just fine...

Well, I really do have to get some laundry jump-started now.

Warm regards,
Laura (aka YarnThrower)

No comments: