Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I had a surprise yesterday!

Dear Laura:

When I got home last night, there was a surprise in the mailbox. Something from Amazon.com.....


It shouldn't have been a surprise....I ordered it! But that was right after Christmas, and I'd forgotten it was backordered. The miracle is that I didn't buy another copy while I waited - that is typical for me.

Which reminds me, I did manage to end up with two copies of another book....so keep an eye on your mailbox!!

I worked for a bit on the red and white scarf last night. I'm past the 4th stripe repeat. The pattern calls for 13 repeats, but that makes it quite long. I'm thinking 9 or 10, but we'll see.

Oh, and I was browsing some of my favorite blogs last night and was reminded of this great hat pattern that I'd like to try. I think it will work well with that red yarn that I bought for the scarf, but it didn't want to be a scarf. I think it wants to be an Esther Williams hat!

Keep knitting!

Designated Knitter

No comments: