Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Knitter's Disabled List..

Dear Laura:

Wow! I really enjoyed the tour of your knitting spots! You did an excellent job of establishing a focal point for your room…and I love how you use knitting in your parenting.

Not just parenting – it’s a safe driving skill! More people should pull over and knit when they’re upset, someone cuts them off in traffic, or they just can’t handle the stress of “bumper-to-bumper” any more. Perhaps we should lobby to have “Rest Areas” upgraded to “Knitting Zones.” A place to not only take a potty break, but also browse some yarns, replace a lost cable needle, sip a cup of coffee and knit for 1/2 hour. The vending machines have Koigu, Cascade 220, Blackberry Ridge… Add a play area for the kids. (Maybe with one of those “nannies” on duty! J) Make the world a better place…..



Sorry…drifted off into a utopian daydream there.

I’m sorry to hear about your injury. I know it’s difficult to not knit. I remember that one summer I struggled with tendonitis in my right arm, but I resisted the idea of not knitting. At about that time, one of my favorite pitchers went on the “DL” because of tendonitis. I decided that if he could do it, I could do it. So now when I need to, I’m able to “go on the DL” and rest.

Oh, and my guess for which of the four wound balls is not like the other?? I'm going to have to guess the front one, but that could just be the angle of the photo....otherwise I'm not sure....

Take care of your back!

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

HERE IS A COMMENT FOR YOU CYNTHIA! Hahaha... Now you can feel special too. ;-)