Wednesday, February 15, 2006

One of these things is not like the other...

Dear Cynthia,

I can't spend too many more days "not knitting", or I'll go crazy. My back is improving, so I'll start knitting (with frequent breaks) again tomorrow. In the meantime, I am making some preparations for more knitting by winding some yarn today.

Which one of these things just doesn't belong?





<--These are all the same dye lot -- If you guessed that the center-pull ball is different, then you're right!!!! (You may have noticed that being a stay-at-home mom to two small boys has influenced my thought processes....)

This one's a little tougher. Which one of these things just doesn't belong?

Three of these hanks are one dye lot; the fourth is a different dye lot. When I was buying the additional yarn, there were two different dye lots at the shop to choose from, and the other was decidedly much more "yellow". In the light of day, the one I bought seemed to be pretty close. I'm hoping the difference is beyond detection by the naked eye for the sweater I blogged about yesterday. Anybody?? Answer to be revealed in my next post.

Have a great Wednesday!
Warm regards,
Laura (aka YarnThrower)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

My guess is the one in the back.... but yeah, with the lighting and such, who knows? :)