Friday, June 16, 2006

It's a shrug....

Dear Laura:

I love the tie-dye shirts! Your guys will all be quite stylin'. And they are right up my colorway alley!

Wow, I'm anxious to hear how your spot removal went on the white sweater. This is SO something I would have done. I hope it came out all right.

I just thought I'd do a quick post to update you on the infamous baby sweater project. I am cautiously optimistic. I have completed both sleeves (you thought since I hadn't said anything lately that I was slacking off on it, didn't you?? Go ahead, admit it...) It has been my "lunch-hour" project, and has made steady progress.


Now all that is left is to knit twisted garter stitch around the body until I run out of yarn. Don't let the picture panic you - that is not all of the remaining yarn. I have another ball in the basket. Right now...it's a shrug. But I'm pretty sure I can get that body down to the waist at least. ;)

I'm going to be going on a camping trip this weekend - actually, it isn't far, just to Chain of Lakes in Albion, which is only about 1/2 hour drive. My friends from Kenosha are coming to camp there, so I'll be joining them. Of course, if it's too muggy, or buggy, or anything too icky...it's only 1/2 hour drive back to my apartment and a/c!!

I've packed the knitting bag with the baby sweater, a sock project, and more yarn for those little baby hats. I know I'll be lucky to finish the sweater, but I always have to take way more projects that I think I can possibly finish "just in case." What if I had time but nothing to work on!! Tragedy!!

So....

Keep knitting!

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)

1 comment:

YarnThrower said...

So many things from your post to comment about..... I actually thought you might have set the sweater aside, so you caught me on that. It is looking great, and I'm breathing a sigh of relief that your yarn will be sufficient for completion of more than a shrug for the little one.

Regarding the packing of your knitting for your trip this weekend, I actually ran out of knitting in the car a few weeks ago with two hours left to drive. I couldn't believe it, and it was hard not to think about all of the things at home I could have been knitting during that time. (That's a Rookie mistake...) Better to over-pack!

Have a great weekend!