Friday, June 23, 2006

Just Checking In

Dear Cynthia,

Hmmm.... Crocheting fuzzy yarn on flip-flops, eh? Pictures, please!!!! Perhaps you could make the post incognito to protect the innocent... It sounds like your weekend was relaxing, and I'm sure it was nice to visit with friends for a while! Have you been practicing doing twisted rib in the dark? I don't even know what twisted rib is, so if it makes you feel better, I can't work twisted rib in the light...

The speed of life has really picked up around here, running from this to that, but I am thankful for the activity, and my five-year-old is loving every minute of it. My three-year-old is a bit hesitant for new things, and so on the first day of soccer, I participated in class with him -- at least one of us was going to get the money's worth out of the thing..... My dh said that it gives a new meaning to the phrase "soccer mom". In any case, things are improving, but I still think the teacher is going to charge me an adult participation fee...

We're going out of town this weekend, a quick trip involving at least six hours in the van, so I have my travel knitting packed. I expect to finish my work with the teal yarn, and will then move onto the great dishcloth project of the summer in pursuit of the answer to the question: How many dishcloths out of one pound of Kitchen Cotton? I've started a tally in my finished projects listing on the sidebar. Hopefully next week I'll be knitting more interesting things...

Have a great weekend!
Warm regards,
Laura (YarnThrower)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Remember: 10 is the magic number. 10 dishcloths! If you start to run out, just start making the cloths smaller. haha, just kidding...