Tuesday, April 03, 2007

April Goals

Hello!

Yes, it's that time again. Time for the March report and the April goals! What seems to be the best part of my monthly goals is that I have been remaining more focused. I don't necessarily meet every goal, but I do make progress - and more importantly, I don't do as much "random casting on of a new project right in the middle of 7 others." I'm not saying I don't do that AT ALL, just that I seem to do less of it!

The wacky March goals (which required a poll!) were:

1. Ruffled cotton hat (commission project.) Completed 3/7/07



2. Prizes for Baby Shower - I knitted a hat, two pairs of socks, and a neckroll shaped pillow. Completed 3/15/07, shower was 3/17/07.


3. Toddler sweater for a store sample for my LYS. Here's a before picture, and teaser picture of the current state - the sweater is off the needles. I'll block the pieces tonight, sew it up and knit the neck line. I ended up designing the pattern as I went, and I think that I'll be able to put that together pretty well - I updated my Word document all along the way. (I made the sweater a size 2T, so I also need to find a child who WEARS a size 2T to try it on and get pictures!)


4. Gifts for Bridal Shower, due 4/15/07. This is the Mason Dixon fever that I was infected with early last month. There as been some recovery from the fever. I did knit a chenille washcloth, although the Mason-Dixon pattern kicked my butt. Any other shower knitting will be part of April goals.

Which brings us to - APRIL GOALS!

1. I have another commission project, a Lady Bug hat for a baby.
I think this is due by the 21st, but I'm going to try to get it done this weekend so that is out of the way.

2. Bridal Shower - I want to cast on the bath mat and see how it goes. If it seems reasonable, I'll do it. I'd also like to do a couple of the Soap Sweaters, and I'll look at the directions for felted boxes. If I can get that much done, I'll pick up a couple of towels and bundle it together and call it good. This is not actually my gift for the shower - it is a Pampered Chef shower. As the bride's Aunt, I was asked to bring something "household" that could be used as a centerpiece, so I'll frill it up and make it look pretty.

3. Then it's back to the Lady Bug Sweater (Dale of Norway) and the Graduation blanket for my niece. Both projects have languished in March, but I'm ready to get back on those horses!

I do not currently have plans to cast on anything else in April, so we'll see how it goes! Baseball season has started, however, so that means I should be getting a lot more knitting done!! Go Cardinals!!

Laura - I love that sweater you're working on! Great colors and stripes. You still amaze me with how much you get done!!

Keep knitting!

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter!)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I like the idea of monthly goals and yours seem to be manageable ones. I'm pretty good about the knitting goals anyway (that is, I've yet to not finish something that had a deadline). However, I'm thinking for non-knitting projects - it would be a good idea for me.

Anonymous said...

I wish I were organized enough to have monthly goals! I design sweaters the same way. I am currently shopping the 'hood for a size 4T...

Lauren said...

Really now, what is it with you and ladybug themed projects???? Haha jk! Good luck with April!