Monday, May 21, 2007

Blogger Overload!!!

Hello all....

Sometimes I don't blog because there isn't much going on. Othertimes there is so MUCH going on that I don't know where to start. Such was the last week.......

May 12th was the Fort Wayne Fiber Festival.
The Rebellious Pastor's Wife and I volunteered to teach kids to knit, so we manned the knitting demo table on Saturday. We didn't actually have any students, but we enjoyed our knitting and the other fiber activities around. I actually got to try my hand at spinning with a "walking wheel!" My great-grandmother used one - my aunt has had it in her living room as long as I can remember, but she doesn't know how to use it. I was always curious about how that would work. Here's a shot of the inside of the barn where we were.


Monday evening, I took a class taught by
Fiona Ellis called "Morphing Cables." It was WONDERFUL. Blew my brain apart a little, and of course added several project ideas to my "I want to knit" list, but that's a good thing! I especially loved the shawl that she brought. Besides the cable work, it was an interesting shape, and stays in place really well. It's two rectangle sewn to be a triangular shawl. The pattern is in her book "Inspired Cable Knits." Gotta make one!!

Wednesday evening, I made my final trip to Cass Street Depot with
Not Worthy. (Moment of silence.) I picked up another skein for a baby blanket, a few Baby Ull and a Cascade 220 in hot pink for some other baby projects, and then I was done. They were open through Saturday, and were going to have deeper discounts the last day, but I had spent all I could spare. (Plus some I couldn't, ha!)

Thursday was an exciting day! My new niece, Missy, arrived at 6:02 pm. She's a petite 7 lbs 4 oz, and has quite a set of lungs, which she exercises vigorously. She has a head of light brown hair, and pretty blue eyes. I got to hold her when she was just 90 minutes fresh! (Nothing beats holding a fresh baby!)




Of course, I still had 2 hours of work to complete her sweater, but I finished putting it together on Friday evening, so she is set for now in the sweater department.

On my way home, I stopped to visit my great-niece who recently turned one and got a picture of her "surprise jacket." Her mom says that it fits great and is just perfect for cool spring days.



Whew. That at least gets me to this past weekend!!

Keep knitting!!

Cynthia (aka DesignatedKnitter!)

No comments: