Monday, June 18, 2007

I don't like to sew....


Bent Chibi
Originally uploaded by designatedknitter
Ok, but that's not really what happened to the chibi on the top! I had tucked the chibi in my pocket, and it ended up in the wash. Guess it's not "machine washable!"

It was kind of a crazy weekend. My parents were back from Kentucky, so I didn't really get much done. That's just how it goes - mom has even noticed. She says, "I'm sorry you don't seem to get much of your own stuff done when we're here..." but I am glad to have them around and to do stuff for/with them, so it's good.

However, since they were home and have "the good camera," I decided to start photographing my stash. (I heard that starting to put stash photos on Flickr is a good way to be prepared for when I get my Ravelry invite!) I photographed one of the baskets, and uploaded about 20 pics. Then I sat down and added tags and comments and label information. It was fun - I'm looking forward to working on this more. I enjoy remembering what yarn I already have and it makes me more eager to knit with it.

And spending time with my stash over the last few months has gotten me started knitting from it - other than the blanket, the last 5 or 6 projects that I've started have been from my stash, which makes me happy!

All right then....keep knitting!

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter!)

1 comment:

kimchi said...

that is so funny--it looks like you had super strong hands and knitting and it bent the needles! and also really good info to know! :o) i'll make sure to take my chibi's out of my pockets before washing my clothes. :o)