Thursday, July 26, 2007

Button, button, let's pick a button!

Greetings and Dear Laura:

Hello! Hope all is well with you and that you're surviving your class. Things are very calm around here lately and I love that! We also got a good rain last week and again yesterday, so now the grass has gone from "crunchy brown" to at least "mostly green!"

We had a mini-baby-shower yesterday for a friend from Work. Neither Lauren or I could attend her baby shower last weekend, so we met for lunch at Panera to have our own! It was lots of fun - we ended up with a "bath" theme. Lauren got a really cute "bath-toy storage" turtle and some lavender bath scent, and I got towels and a toy. Too fun.

IMG_3595.JPG



Now I am all about finishing the baby surprise sweater. I got quite a bit done last night, and today at lunch. I may be able to finish tonight - for sure tomorrow night. That means that this birthday gift just might get blocked!

I knew that I would get to the button holes today, so I went through my button jar and brought some possibilities along.
IMG_3602.JPG
The heart button was cute, but I'm hoping this sweater will be something she can wear also at Christmas, so that didn't work as well. The three-button set was the wrong color, but the two-buttons are just right, so that's what I went with. The button holes are worked now, so just 4 more rows to bind off. YAY!! Then I'm going to add some length to the sleeves, sew shoulder seams and add the buttons and it's ready to block.

I thought this morning that if I buckle down and get the ladybug sweater ready for Stitches and knock out those baby socks, by next week I can actually cast on a new project, WHATEVER I WANT, guilt free!

Then when I got to work, someone dropped off an invitation to a baby shower for a co-worker who is having twin girls. The shower is in two weeks. Good thing I have an ample supply of pink yarn. Can you say "worsted weight??"

Keep knitting!! Take your example from Lauren, who is back to "
Knitting at Lunch!"

IMG_3603.JPG

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cynthia,

Your sockapalooza4 pal here. I am done with your socks and will be blocking them (!) this weekend for the big sendoff next week. I hope that you will like them!

I am going to attend stitches on the 9th and 10th of August. I would like to meet up with you in person - I read on a prior blog that you were attending. Want to meet for a class of vino or coffee or soda or whatever? Take care. Your pal!