Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Knitting ADD.....

Greetings and Dear Laura:

Wow - that's a pretty extensive gift list you have going there! Pretty neat gifts as well! How did your run go on Saturday?

I've been rather overwhelmed lately. Trying to cram too much into a day it seems. I blame daylight savings time. Even if, by some miracle, I am done with my day by 7-8 in the evening, my body/brain can't seem to process that it's time to wind down for bed when the sun is shining in my eyes! And too many nights it's 9 before I can consider the day "done." Consequently, I'm up until 11 or so trying to relax - or after a few nights of that, I'm passed out in my chair because I'm exhausted! Either way, that 5:30 a.m. alarm is always a problem, as is staying awake all day at work! I guess my brother and I are the only ones who have this problem tho - seems the rest of the world just loves it, so you'll all just have to excuse us for a few months while we're sleep deprived!

My parents are "home" this week! There was a break in their routine in KY, so it was a good time for a trip back here. It had been over a month this time! I do really appreciate coming home to having dinner ready, and when she needs to run laundry, she does mine as well, so that as been nice!

I myself am struggling with knitting ADD. My two-at-a-time-toe-up-magic-loop socks only need about 3" more of the cuff, but suddenly all other projects seem fascinating! Saturday afternoon, I "took a notion" to "whip up" another blanket buddy as a gift for my great-niece Josie, who lives in Texas. A couple of family members are flying down for a visit and I wanted to send a little something.
IMG_4254
I already had a pink one done for Lydia, who turned two on Saturday. It was a popluar gift, and now I have requests for 2 more. One needs to be finished this evening, and the second is for a birthday gift on the 17th. (This required a trip to the yarn store! YAY!)
IMG_4255
I will finish with this buddy tonight - I switched to Peter Pan Velvet Touch. It's very soft, and is a finer yarn than the Crystal Palace Puffin that I had been using. The blanket buddy is a bit smaller, but that's not a bad thing. It's supposed to be easily portable, after all!

I have a new niece-in-law (I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog, but.... Hi Hana! Stop reading this paragraph!) and her birthday is coming up on the 17th. Since it's her first birthday in the family, I thought I'd "whip up" a couple of soap sweaters and a chenille face cloth as a little gift.

Oh, and there is a surprise 30th-birthday-party for one of my nephews-in-law in June, and he is on my list of family members that I've never made socks for. I've had the yarn for a couple of years, but I never got his name for Christmas. Those I'll be able to "whip up" pretty quickly, since they are thicker socks for wearing under boots while ice-fishing.

And while I have SO MUCH sock yarn calling my name that I can't wait to knit up...well, I was having a bit of a bad day when I went to the yarn store, which we all know is dangerous, but in my defense, sock yarn isn't stash. I finally succumbed to the Noro sock yarn!
IMG_4250
Now if I can just stop deciding to "whip up" additional gifts, maybe I can attain knitting monogamy for THREE MORE INCHES of sock cuffs!

Oh, and I almost forgot! We had a wonderful trip to Indy to see the Yarn Harlot last week! (This may have contributed to my overall sleepiness - we didn't get home until 1 am!) Check out her
blog post of the event - we are in the first row of the third picture down! That's The Rebellious Pastor's Wife, myself and Knitting at Lunch! And here's a picture of us when I was getting my book signed!
IMG_4242
Knitting at Lunch is also on the post as one of the First-Sock knitters! We had a really good time, went to a yarn store and I did not enhance the stash at all! (I did try to post from my mobile phone, but it turns out I do not possess the requisite number of brain cells for that! Oh well!

Keep knitting!

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)


1 comment:

puertas metalicas en valencia said...

Wow, there is a lot of helpful data above!